Wolfram|Alpha: Systematic knowledge, immediately computable.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Hear You!: A fantastic DAW (Digital Audio Worstation) application previously unknown to me.

It's been a while since I've done any serious mixing work, Cubase and Acid being my workhorses. A recent conversation with an audio engineering buddy pointed me to Reaper. In a nutshell, after a few days of experimentation: what a fantastic piece of software!

This is a serious piece of software, a worthy replacement in most cases for Cubase / Acid / et alia (at least for my needs), and at a ridiculously low price for professional use. The non-professional license price is so low, one might feel like 'donating' a few extra shekels to the developer in appreciation for a great product, with a no-nonsense licensing scheme.

Well done, Justin Frankel and Cockos!

No comments:

Post a Comment